Tuesday, November 13, 2012

SINCERITY IN SOLAH

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.
Wow...it seems like ages since my last post...opps I should say OUR last post. Well, it can't be helped because all of us are busy with our final exam, tests, quizzes, activities and so on and so forth. Sorry for that.

Now today, I would like to talk about something that I would say many of us know. Muslims in priority should have known this like the back of their hands. Yup, it's about solah. It is one of the 5 pillars of Sunni Islam and without it, our Islam is not complete. But it saddens me to see how we now take it for granted. I'm not talking about those who don't even perform their solah, I'm talking about those who perform it but then it's like they don't even perform it actually. Get it?

          Actually I've noticed this thing a long time ago but then it didn't intrigue me until recently when I was out with my friends. It was during our zohor prayer. As expected the surau was packed with people. Well, there were not a lot of people actually, it's just that the surau was pretty small so a small group of people can already make it look like it was over crowded.

          As I was performing my solah, I can't help but to notice the person next to me was like ZZZZOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM. Huh? Well, she was at the speed of light when she was performing her prayer. It was not like I wasn't concentrating during the whole prayer but she was like moving so fast and when she wanted to sujud, the ground beneath her just shook all the way sending her little homemade earthquake to me!! How can't I noticed that?? When I was even at my first rakaat, she was already on her third. Did I mention that I started first before her? Amazingly weird and disturbing I tell you!!

         After I finished my solah, we left the surau. Shortly after that, my friend asked me, "Hey, did you noticed there were 2 girls, ummm well actually quite a lot of girls in there that were so damn fast when they performed their prayers? The one in front of you was superbly fast. I don't even think she read the Al-Fatihah bacause she was just standing for like 3 seconds and that's it. If they don't want to do it then don't do it...."

         Well folks, here's a simply analogy that I think suits for this kind of situation. Let's say you have a beautiful present that you want to give to someone. However, well actually you don't even want to give the present to him/her. It's just that you have to because you owe that person a favor. Like it or not, a present would be a nice idea to return the favor back. So because you've already cope with the idea that you don't want to give to her/him that present, so you just bought something that you think it's OK and just wrap it in the most hideous way possible. And when you give it to the person, you are not only giving the present but together with your grouchy face. Would that person be happy to receive your gift? Think it for yourself.

          The same goes when you perform solah. It's not just about for the sake of "doing it" because you are a Muslim, but it's actually MORE THAN THAT. You have to put your heart and soul when doing it, then only you can be satisfied and hopefully the solah that you just did will receive full marks and will be accepted by Allah S.W.T. It is all about sincerity.

         Why do we even perform our prayer in the first place? Because we have to? Because we ought to? Because we are forced to do it? If we don't do it then we are not worthy to be called a Muslim? Try and ask yourself these.

         For me frankly, I do it because I have to do it. In the name of Islam. But that was a long time ago....now I do it because I want to do it. It gives me calm, peace and pleasure. It is a way to tell HIM all of your troubles, problems, your desire, everything! However, it comes with a condition and it's simple. JUST BE SINCERE IN DOING IT. Remember, Allah S.W.T. is very near to us, He'll answer every prayer and every wishes that HIS servants asked for, but in return WE must believe in HIM and BE SINCERE in everything that we do for HIM.


"And they were not enjoined anything except that they should serve Allah, being SINCERE to Him in obedience, upright and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and that is the right religion" (98:5)


P/S: Don't  let your greediness eat you alive. The world will always wait for those who are patient.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment