Friday, November 30, 2012

CARRYING OUT THE TRUST

" Surely Allah commands you to make over trusts to their owners and that when you judge between people you judge with justice...." (4:58)

"Truly, we did offer Al-Amanah (the trust or moral responsibility or honesty and all the duties that Allah has ordained) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it (i.e. afraid of Allah's torment) but man bore it. Verily, he was unjust (to himself) and ignorant (of its results)" (33:72)

          Trust. A very simple word I must say. But just how many of us really knows how HEAVY it actually is?? It saddens me to see people nowadays always took granted for this sort of things. To them it might be..."nah...it's ok" but to Allah it is a very very BIG DEAL!!
          Well, I've always love to relate things that actually happened in my life because to me, I'm still living in a small world of mine. There are so  many big things out there that I don't really know what to expect. So, in my opinion it's best to make example out of an everyday life than just to make one up and then having end up with nothing. It is with these small little things that actually poisons most of us without we really noticing it.

            You know in school where they have clubs and all, prefect board, librarians and all that stuff? Don't mind me saying but I truly believe that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US IS JUST A LITTLE BITCH THAT IS CRAVING TO EARN THAT HIGHEST POSITION!!!     Sorry for the harsh word but it is damn true. It's one of our human nature to always be at the top, never ever bother to feel how it's like to be at the bottom. I know you felt it, I felt it before. It's normal. But the point is not every one gets to be the "leader". So, what happens next?? Now, comes the election. This is the part that I have always feared the most. Why? Because at this stage, everyone will start to brag themselves, talking about how great they are....I've done this....I've done that.....I've been nominated for this award....I am the honourable student of the year....bla bla bla....bla bla bla....bla bla bla. And then they started to say If you elect me to be ***** I will make sure that this club will......I will lead this board to stardom....I will make sure that this club will get the highest achievements...I will support money for this club.... but in the end, once they get the so called "highest position" what happened? Nothing. Nothing. You may be in denial of these, but it happens. Everyday, everywhere. Whether we are the doers or we are the listeners. There is no escaping of it. 

             I've done a lot of mistakes in my life and just maybe this is one of it. When we want what we want, we started to do whatever it takes to get it, not knowing what actually awaits us. Our lips are dripping with honey. Are we all doing it because of the fame and glamour? Just how many of us really took the job because we want to make a better difference? Now I realise, is not about how great and high your position is. Is about how well you can carry out the trust that has been given to you once you have been elected. THE TRUST. People expect you to deliver awesome things after all that speech that you have done...does it just ends there? If we don't carry out the things that we vow to do, it means that we are breaking the trusts and promises that we made to ourselves and to others, right?

Dari Abu Hurairah r.a. bahawasanya Rasulullah S.A.W. bersabda:
"Tanda orang munafik itu 3 macam iaitu jikalau berkata ia dusta, jikalau berjanji ia menyalahi - tidak menepati - dan jikalau diamanati - dipercaya untuk memegang suatu amanat - lalu ia khianati." (Muttafaq 'alaih)

              From here, it just got me thinking. If we human beings fail to keep our promises and amanah to other human beings, then how are we supposed to carry out the bigger amanah that Allah has given to us - The Holy Quran. Even the heavens, earth and mountains are afraid of this trust but we bravely took it. Some things that we ought to ponder. Wallaahu a'lam.



0 comments:

Post a Comment